Digital Durometer : Bareiss HPE-II Fruit
• Digital fruit hardness tester to determine firmness/ripeness
• Different anvil available for various fruits
• Erroneous results excluded
• High quality manufactured in Germany
Measuring fruit firmness is a method to determine the ripeness of fruit. The HPE-II FFF is easy to use and is an indispensible tool for farmers when checking is a crop is ready for harvest. Other uses are in stages of selling such as at the market for quality control and price setting.
It is important to specify the type of fruit you are measuring as different fruits require different anvils. There are five different anvils available and one is supplied with the durometer.
- Test Anvil 0.10cm² for peaches, apricots and plums
- Test Anvil 0.25cm² for tomato and cherries
- Test Anvil 0.50cm² for strawberries
- Test Anvil Ball ø5mm for avocados
- Test Anvil Ball ø2.5mm for carrots, cucumber and radish